I've been amiss with my ROW80 updates again...but part of it is because I've been wallowing in revisions and thus my brain's felt too fried to do much beyond that! So the short of it is, I am writing and making progress on my WIP and that makes me happy.
However, today I feel I can update even with fried brain because I've been tagged again for 11 questions by a fellow Platform-Building Campaigner, Theresa Small Sneed, and thus I have a subject to write about. So here goes:
1. You're on a deserted island for six months with one person--who would it be and why?
My two-year-old! He wouldn't be that helpful with anything, but I couldn't stand not seeing him for that long, and he's cuddly and fun and I adore him.
2. You were caught in a meteor shower which left you with strange abilities. Now every time you eat chocolate, you can...what? I can turn toxic waste, non-biodegradable substances, and landfill into chocolate (unsweetened), solving hunger and environmental problems as well as increasing oxytocin production all over the world.
3. A friend takes you to an abandoned castle that has been hidden for centuries. She heard a rumor that great treasure was hidden in the sixth tower. Would you venture inside or turn it over to the authorities to investigate? What would you find? Well, since there's nothing about ghosts or monsters, I'd definitely venture inside! And of course I would find the treasure--the Seal of Solomon. Particularly so I could communicate better with animals.
4. You can only drink one type of beverage for the next year - what would it be and why? Boring answer--spring water with a little lemon and a little Himalayan pink sea salt mixed in it. Because it's healthy, slightly more interesting than water alone, and I wouldn't get sick of it.
5. Have you ever had to face a fear of yours? What was it and how did you overcome it, if you did? The past ten years I've developed a fear of flying, and I still have to face that several times a year. I do a lot of deep breathing, which helps, but I still have the fear.
6. Have you enjoyed certain ages in your life more than others? What is your ideal age and why? I generally enjoy the age I am more than all prior. I started feeling this way after age 20 and it's just gotten better. So my ideal age is whatever age I am now--I don't ever want to be in a place where I wish I were younger...we have yet to see though.
7. Has anyone totally amazed you in life? Who and why? Cheesy answer...a lot of people. All my close friends amaze me. My husband at times. My kids, every day. I'm a lot more amazed at ability to be than ability to do.
8. Have you ever written in a character in a story patterned after a real person--out of spite, because that person ticked you off? Not out of spite, but I have definitely patterned characters after real people. Gonna keep this one vague, heh.
9. Do any of your characters make you totally crazy because they have a mind of their own and take you places you hadn't planned on? I was annoyed with a character because she changed love interests halfway through the book, so I had to go back and make the guy less attractive.
10. What is your most favorite phrase/paragraph that you have written? Can you share it? I don't have a favorite phrase of paragraph of mine...I tend to write it or read it and forget about it.
11. If you could sit down and talk shop with any writer from any time period--who would it be and why? Sheri S. Tepper (who is alive). Because her books show that she is just as complex and fascinating as her subject matter, and I think we would get along. :)
No more tagging from me! It took me at least an hour last time to find people to tag. Time for bed...